Thursday, October 8, 2009

Canning

When given the opportunity to purchases some boxes of peaches this year, I jumped at the chance. I grew up enjoying canned peaches and knew my kids would love them too.
This year I canned 2 boxes of peaches, and 1 box of nectarines. It was nice because it was a manageable amount to do all in one day. I ended up with about 40 jars of peaches for my family to enjoy all winter.
I would have to say - we already have one big fan!!
At the same time as the peaches, we also got a box of tomatoes. I have never canned tomatoes before, but we wanted to try salsa. Jeff found a simple recipe online, and we were off.

This -

Plus this -
Became 2 dozen jars of yummy spicy salsa!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! That was a full day of canning- now you can just sit and look at your work!!! :)

Bob and Karen Lutz said...

I don't know about the peaches but I can vouch for your salsa. YUM!! Are you putting vinyl labels on the jars?

Team Harris said...

Okay, I totally wanna learn how to do the salsa!!! Good job on all your canning!

Keri_B said...

My domestic sister...so talented!