Monday, October 5, 2009

Fife Police Visit

Earlier this summer, we were driving through the city of Fife where I used to work. I saw a police car next to me and waved to the officer because I knew him. I was explaining to Ben that I used to work for the Police Department.

He was born while I worked there, and I stayed until he was about a year old. At that point, graveyard just became so hard with a toddler, and Jeff had recently gotten a new job that allowed me to stay home full time.

So, even though my other kids remember me working for the Police, Ben does not. I asked him if he would like to go see a police car, a jail, and a real police officer. He was thrilled.

We went and visited the dispatch center, and saw the jail on the cameras. Then a very nice officer gave Ben a little tour of his car, showing him how to turn on the siren, the lights, and even let him talk on the radio to say hi to the girls in dispatch.

Thank you Officer Fleming!
He was in heaven!!
Zach wanted to get in on that radio action too!



1 comment:

Keri_B said...

Cute pictures! I don't ever want to see any of them in the back though :)