Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Raining Ben! Hallelujah!

I know we've mentioned before how clever Ben is and what a resourceful little fellow he has become but last night he took things a step too far.

We were enjoying a semi-peaceful Sunday evening at home and even had the home teachers over. They were teaching a nice lesson and all of us were visiting in the living room. Ben I suppose saw this as an opportunity and snuck out of the room and headed on upstairs. (Woo Hoo! - No adults!)

Well, fast forward ten minutes and while we are still chatting I hear the sound of rain. Not unusual for the Pacific Northwest in January except for the fact that this rain seemed to be coming from our kitchen. We head into the kitchen and water is POURING from a light fixture in the middle of the ceiling. UH OH!

What is above the kitchen? The master bathroom. We head up really quickly and it turns out that little Ben has stuffed an entire bed pillow into the toilet and flushed several times. Water was everywhere and he was soaked head to toe. (What fun!)

We pull out the pillow. That ones headed for the trash no matter how well it dries out. I'm not gonna use it.

Test the toilet still doesn't flush. Stick my arm down the hole as far as I can (Valerie tells me this is a man job) and something is down there. Hey! It's the socks I wore to church today. Ugh.

Flush again... sorta works. I suspect something else is down there but I have no idea what and can't reach it (big man arms, is it a woman job yet?).

All I can say is thank goodness we only have one pet and he is much too big to flush.

Ah the joys of parenthood. One more strike on Ben's karma for when he is a daddy someday.

Strangely enough this was the first time the hometeachers didn't ask if there was something they could do for us. I think they were afraid of what the answer might have been.

3 comments:

Joe Urvina said...

Score one for Ben!

Keri_B said...

That's hilarious, wish we could have been there to see it. Oh wait, we were. HA HA...that kid is crazy, NEVER leave him alone!!!! :)

Rachel said...

This is the funniest story I have heard in a long time!