Friday, January 11, 2008

Un autre événement malheureux

Bad news always sounds more palatable in French doesn't it?

Well, After years and years of avoiding car accidents, yesterday I was involved in my second wreck in just over two months. This one however, thankfully was NOT my fault.

I think my uber-long commute and the hours a day I spend in the car is increasing the odds for me.

This time, it was my precious baby, my Audi TT that took the hit. I was headed east to west on Redmond-Fall City Rd. where it turns off towards Carnation on Tolt Hill Rd., it was raining (as usual) and a car in front of me stopped rather abruptly to make the left turn onto Tolt Hill. I was able to stop but the Toyota behind me... not so much.

It actually happened slowly enough that I could see the other car coming and knew that he would not be able to stop. I tried to get forward and to the right as much as I can but he was moving and caught me at a pretty good speed in the back right fender with his front left. I'm very glad my airbag didn't deploy.


I took a couple of pics but I apologize for the quality. I took them with my Blackberry and even in good light, the pics kinda stink.


Ouch!
The damage doesn't look like much but he actually hit me hard enough that the metal of my wheel-well bent in and blew out the tire. Cut a big 3" gash like a knife. (argh I just bought those!)

We waited for the State Patrol for some time but eventually they showed and made sure we had exchanged info and done everything we needed to.


State Patrol on Scene
Thankfully family members were semi-in-the-area and I was able to get a lift home while my poor car was towed off to who-knows-where. Looks like I'll be back in a rental for a while again.

3 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

BUMMER! I'm glad you're alright.

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry that came up with my daugher's name! It's actually Heather (Gray) Thoming.

Andrea said...

C'est dommage, l'accident! You speak French, Jeff? I need to keep up with mine! It's fun, this blogging stuff--great way to keep in touch with those you care about but never can see! --Mona