Monday, January 21, 2008

Love Barks

Jeff here with a brief soliloquy…

I haven’t blogged anything in a while so I thought I had better log in and at least say something today. Forgive the randomness of this post. This isn’t really “VanderHoeven” related per se but is just an observation or perhaps I’m just looking for a gratuitous reason to post a picture of our dog.




As many of you know I work at Redmond Town Center which is both a business and a retail hub in the city of Redmond. At least once a day, I try to pull myself out of my windowless office to take a walk around and see what is going on in the outside world. Today I was feeling especially gypped by working on a holiday I made sure to take that walk.

I decided as I often do to stroll over to the local REI store. There are usually some cool new things to look at there that are right up my alley even if not in my price range. My purpose today was to check out the new Garmin Colorado GPS (way cooler when I read about it than when I handled it in person).

As I was browsing through the store, I ran across an item that gave me a chuckle even though I don’t think it was intended to be funny.

Let me pre-face this by saying that I love my dog Boone about as much as a reasonably sane human should. We truly have a great dog. There is however a line to be crossed as to what I would share with my dog and this product crosses it.


Introducing the Cool Pooch Sport Water Bottle. This is a water bottle that a human and dog are supposed to share. You squeeze the bottle and use the straw on to fill the cup on top for the dog. Then you, the supposedly more intelligent species drink from the straw your neat and tidy pooch carefully sips from the dish making sure not to spread the overflow and slobber onto your lips not three inches away. Finally someone comes up with yet another way to degrade yourself in front of your pet!

I don’t know if you can make out the Norman Rockwell-esque graphic on the bottle but if you can you will notice the androgynous master and pet lovingly gazing into each other’s sunglasses (think 50’s soda shop). Either that dog is on the table or that “master” is lying on the ground.

Aww - precious!

Anyone out there ready to test that “NO BACKWASH!!!” triple exclamation point guarantee?

3 comments:

Keri_B said...

That is disgusting!! What will they think of next?!? We might need to get that for your family for Christmas or something.

Andrea said...

Gross! I see that they are separate drinking areas but it's still too close for comfort!

Anonymous said...

Although dealing with Monza (and later Imola and Minardi) got me to eventually stop being horrified by dog slobber, that doesn't mean I'm going to be sharing their water bowl with them anytime soon. A few additional comments here:

http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/now-with-50-more-dog-drool-than-the-leading-brand/