Tuesday, September 22, 2009

He's 1 ! Happy Birthday Zachary!

September 21st is a pretty special day for us.

Not only was it the day Jeff and I got engaged back in 1992, but a year ago we welcomed this little guy into our family.
We have been so lucky to have him in our family.

We decided to have a fun little Zachary day. We decided we were going to get his hair cut for the first time on his first birthday. But I wanted to get some pictures taken with his baby hair, because I knew from experience, once that first haircut is done, you totally lose the baby look and look like a toddler.


We went to the mall and got pictures taken at Sears. My mom has pictures of all of her grandchildren in the wash basin picture at Sears. Now most parents got them done around 6 months, and I completely forgot. So, decided late was better than never. He was a tad big for the tub.We also got a few others of him. They turned out pretty adorable.
We stopped at Build A Bear and he got to pick out a Teddy Bear.
Here is our before shot for the cut.

During
Our little man was not thrilled with the haircut idea. He never cried.
But I also could not coax a smile out of him.

Later that evening we had a little family birthday party for him. Thanks to everyone who came. We had Grandma, Grandpa and Tara, Joe, Madi, Gavin, and Annika, Opa, Aunt Judy, Uncle Jack, and Laura, Aunt Kirsten and Uncle Ady. I know weeknights are not always easy, but with my dad working retail, I worked around his schedule so he could be there.

This was Zach's cake. Chocolate with chocolate frosting. :)

Very patiently waiting......He seemed to like it!Zach was not the only one who enjoyed the frosting!

3 comments:

Keri_B said...

We are so happy to have the little guy in our family! And he does look so grown up with the new hair cut! Happy Birthday Zachy boy!!

Sirrine said...

He's so cute! Happy Birthday Zachie! Logan wishes he could have been there to play. (:

Adrienne said...

Awww..so cute. Love the new hair cut. Although, I love the sweet little baby hair. Wish I could've been there for the party. But glad you had a fun time. Nice moustache Annika!